Friday, January 27, 2012


The 4th week finds the Bookseller in China.


Ok,  STILL stuck in Sharpies and digital modes.  I drew a  weird and not very pretty dragon,  based on a card I saw somewhere. Then I "painted" with Sharpies, uploaded it to two different programs to be able to do the simple manipulations I wanted to do and the digital fill-in coloring for background and to make sign, etc.  Found a Chinese pc online, digitally erased and recolored and "stamped" with correct postage on address/writing side.  Printed that out, got the writing done by spouse, and finally uploaded whole mess here.  It is a fun challenge, despite what progress it looks like I am making with all this new stuff. Story line is suffering, to be sure.  Will have to work on that.




Translation of Hank's writing:
Dear Wife,
I just love China. Great pizza! (ha ha) Country is in a building frenzy. They say the national bird is the "Crane." Picked up 17th c. album of landscape paintings by Huang Chun, which we can sell at auction.  Wish you were here. Luv, Hank.
He HAD wanted to add but did not have room on this card: Really love the history, sights, and the people.  Having traversed the Great Wall made him happy.  His sense of humor never changes, so he managed a couple of shots at it despite lack of writing room.














25 comments:

  1. I love your postcard! I would never be able to do all that technical stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol :D Typical man..eating pizza in china :D Your Dragon is a masterpiece...very ferocious :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a mean-looking dragon - just as it should be :)

    I wonder what topping he had on his pizza?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dragon! I think it looks just like a dragon should look, wonder if it got a bite of pizza too! M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonder what dragons like on their pizza??? haha! I love your dragon. I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it hard to get the hang of something at first? And once you really know how it all works you're looking back and don't understand the struggles you had this week. You did great!!!
    I love you dragon! ♥ And there's always next week to try again and get better at it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dragon! OSunds like the bookseller is finding some treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic dragon, great postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great dragon & I think the story is going just fine...remember there are a few more weeks to go ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dragon is fabulous. So love your spouse is involved. Great way to different handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fierce dragon, just how they should be.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. loving it, especially that you are combining drawing and digital. You know more than me Rose, I don't have a clue when it comes to photo editing programmes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your artwork is great. What is wrong with Sharpies?! I wish I could manipulate things digitally like you can. Strictly cut and paste for me.(sigh)

    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes a dragon! That was my orignial thought as well. Yours turned out much better than my failed attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your digital talent is to be admired. Love his humor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK this is not a MESS love everything about your postcard. Glad hubby is still cooperating and adding his handwriting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha Ha this is WONDERFUL, love that crazy dragon & he literally jumps off the postcard he is so cool, & funny you adding Hanks extra lines, do you know I do my backs of postcards on the computer & print out mine because I make soooo many typos & it doesn't fit otherwise LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The dragon came out so dynamic! Really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't remember if I commented on this post or not but her I go again. :)) Totally awesome dragon! Love the red! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That dragon is awesome! You must hold my hand and teach me how to digitally manipulate things 'cause I have NO idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very dramatic dragon..fab card..Esther x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoying all your cards as well as your story. So much fun...

    Hugs, Abby

    ReplyDelete